Sunday 23 June 2013

The Fear Of Dealing With Loss

Okay, let's be honest. We all have a lot of fears. i have an endless list. Every single one of us is scared of something or the other. According to leading psychologists, there are three main kinds of phobias : specific,social and agora.

I am scared of sharks. I'm petrified of them! In spite of being so scared of them I have seen Jaws, Jaws 2,Jaws 3-D, Jaws: The Revenge, Deep Blue Sea,Open Water,The Reef,Great White,Deep Blood,etc. way too many times than i should have. Smart huh? I have no clue why I did that. Not the faintest of ideas. My sister often used to trouble me when we went to the beach. I almost drowned once because she had convinced me that a great white was coming my way. But then i found out that sharks don't come so close to the shore! Objection! I beg to differ! I can bet my last dollar that that's not how they portrayed the species in Jaws!

Enough with the sharks now. Okay, now I'm going to be completely honest. I'm also scared of losing people. THERE! I SAID IT! I'm petrified of losing people.There is a saying," To win some, You lose some". RUBBISH!  I don't think so! I hate getting attached to people and then losing them!  I know it's a weird fear!  But we all have that one weird fear. The world thinks you're a nutcase for being scared of such a silly thing and we say the same for theirs. It's normal! So ya! I'm scared of losing people and so are many others. I checked. I'm not the only one :P
And I think I've learnt how to deal with it so i thought why don't i help my fellow travelers.

Now when it comes to dealing with that, the trick is................there is no trick. You just have to let go. I still find myself in knots when I face the situation.
But people always leave! They don't mean to hurt you or leave you. But sometimes they just can't help it.That's just the way of life I guess. You may feel sad for a while but don't let your life come to a stand still.Let go. It is the only way. New people come. You may miss the old ones but there is not much you can do about it. And it hurts for a while but it gets better.
Remember one thing L.I.F.E .G.O.E.S. O.N. So yes, this is what i have to say to you. Life goes on and you should too :)

P.s. If you're afraid of Great Whites stay away from Dyer Islands,South Africa. It's known to be INFESTED with them(I've done my research on them. Major phobia and slight obsession due to major phobia,so).

Oh! And here comes the fun song!

Have no fear!
Even though Zorro isn't here!
Wipe your tears!
And grab a chilled beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment