Sunday 29 December 2013

It's Easy Being Mean...

Hello! For the first time, I'm blogging in a negative frame of mind. It's just that a few things, rather people have been bothering me off late. Mean people. Yes, mean people bother me, as they do to everyone. And I'm not writing this because I think I've been victimized but simply because I've also witnessed others being victims to mindless and insensitive ridicule.

I've seen a few kinds of mean and i'd like to enlist them.

1) THE DISGUISE: These kind of mean normally prey on the weak and insecure and on those who hold on to their guard. They broadcast these insecurities in forms of jokes or 'casual taunts'. Now, they want to portray themselves as being funny and casual but the victim and the perpetrator are the only two who know the intentions aren't casual but exactly the opposite.

2) THE STINGER: These kind of mean are usually people who are close to you. In fits of anger they blurt out things about you, that you once shared with them in confidence. That truly stings. Intentional or not, it's still a rather mean thing to do.

3) THE FOE: They are the enemy. But they pretend to be your friend because unfortunately for them you're the most liked person in the group. And since they are your 'pretend friend' they think they can get away with poking fun at you or hitting you which normally you would let go with a friend. So these means take advantage of the situation and do mean things. They abide by the quote "KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE BUT KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER" a little too seriously :P

4) THE BETRAYER: They were close to you once upon a time, but turned against you for some reason. They use your personal issues and secrets that you confided to them in confidence as a punch line to a very mean joke just to hit you where it hurts. Now, there's no need to do that, but that's how they think is the most successful method of bringing you down.

5) THE QUEEN MEAN: They are the worst kind of mean. They have no ulterior motive or advantage over you or their activities, but they're mean only because they like being mean. Causing discomfort or misery to another simply gives them some twisted form of evil satisfaction. They don't go out of their way to harm you. They simply do things which irritate you the most and upset you to a degree which claims their victory.

So. I've stated the kinds of mean that I've encountered.    My fellow victims, all I can tell you is don't stoop to their level and don't allow them the satisfaction of having affected you.

 It's so easy being mean. Have you  tried being nice? If  we have a certain problem with an individual we simply ignore their quirks or learn to accept them, if ignoring them is out of the question. Their is no need to be mingy or penny pinching.

We all come across people that we dislike but being mean to them has no justification whatsoever. If you ask me, being mean cannot be justified at all. So instead of being a birdbrain prigy snob, we can simply ignore the person. Saves a lot of mind juggling and plotting and unhappiness, don't you think?

All I can say is, it's easy being mean, but try once to be nice. You might actually like it.

Okay, I don't like leaving my readers in an uncomfortable state of mind. So after you're done reading this watch this. It'll help lighten you up. I watch it every time I feel low. Works better than magic at making me smile.


1 comment: