Thursday 31 March 2016

We're Opening Yet Another New Jar...

I really wanted to come up on stage and speak today, but I really didn't want to. Yes, I see how that can be confusing. You see, on the first day of college when we were called up on stage to introduce ourselves, I admitted to being a psychopath... not really the best thing to say when you're in a new place trying to make new friends.
Anyway, I was scared of confessing my undying love for most of the girls in our class and I didn't want them to fight over me... Yes Kalna, Ravisha... I'm talking about you. I think we should notify Oxford Dictionary that "most" now signifies "two"... Brilliant.

Anyway, I want to use this platform as a way of expression(duh).

These three years have been extremely rough and torturous; despite that, I have some lovely memories and friends that I'll carry with me wherever I go... Yes, I am going to kidnap my friends and carry them around in my trunk... I warned everyone of being a psychopath on the first day; if you still chose to stick around, that's pretty much your fault.

Enough of horsing around I guess. Pull out your tissues... It's been a tough three years. There were times when I wished I wasn't born and so did others, I'm sure. Despite all of these hardships and irritants, I had the constant support of wonderful classmates, seniors and mentors who made everything worthwhile and bearable. I've spent hours on the telephone cribbing, counseling, being counseled, gossiping, bitching, crying, fighting, laughing and it all seems extremely important now.

I want to thank my classmates for laughing at most of my jokes, encouraging me to speak on stage when my train of thought simply failed me. I want to thank you all for liking me and thinking I was worth being around... that feeling of acceptance and belonging, to be honest, this is the first time I've felt it. I didn't have a lot of friends in school and people generally avoided me because I am a psychopath. It felt really good mentioning a name and acknowledging  a friendship with the same.

I want to thank my seniors... without your constant support and notes and counsel, I would've gone mad for sure. A special thanks to some of you, you know who you are... thank you for making Xaviers fun and memorable. You are all amazing human beings, do not change unless for the better :P

Lastly, I want to thank my teachers. Yes, we've shared a love-hate relationship; but I've loved you for the most. Thank you for boosting my confidence, and valuing my opinions and thoughts. That truly moved me. I seldom plagiarized assignments from the net, and I still ended up being appreciated... This has never happened before. I truly appreciate the fact that you've molded me into a better person in more ways than one... I know this sounds like a cliche and the proper thing to say, but it's coming straight from the heart.

It's been fun... for the most :P

We're about to start a new chapter in our lives and I hope I come across more people like most of you :P All those of you that I've bickered with or had a spat with, I'd like to thank you as well for keeping things interesting. College life without you would've been extremely monotonous and uninteresting. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you... I meant to, but I hope it wasn't so bad.

Keep in touch with me... if you can/want to. I am always up for a few laughs and lots of catharsis.

I love all of you. I may not have spoken to all of you or been bum chums with you, but you were all an equally important part of this chapter of my life. I wish I could've spent some more time with you... it feels like I've just gotten to know you all and now we've got to go our own ways. I wish you all the best and I hope you are happy wherever you are.

Have a cookie life :)



No comments:

Post a Comment