Sunday 31 December 2017

2018

For all of us who thought the world would end in 2012... Ha ha! It's like those moments in life, when you lose all hope and succumb to absolution, and then out of the blue, there presents itself a solution that pretty much solves everything; and that leaves you wondering, 'Why couldn't you have showed up a little earlier, before my dramatic meltdown?" That's just life, I guess... ridiculously bizarre and unpredicatable.

Anyway, like most of you, I've had a rough year. I'm sure a lot of you have had it a lot worse than me... it's all relative, as they say; not really sure who "they" are, but I'm sure you catch my drift. It's been a rough year with all the political angst and surprises and shocks, the global terror attacks, tremendous loss of life, floods in India; it's not been easy. I'm sure most of you are looking forward to 2018 with a lot of hope and anticipation. I know I am. I also know that the older generation, that have a fair idea about how things work, are a little less expectant and simply plan to take things as they come. Who knows what's going to happen?

This isn't a fright post... if it sounds as such at present, don't worry or cringe or twist your face. Shortly I'll be throwing some corny things at you that will make you cringe even more. 

Moving on... I'm really grateful for a lot of things that happened this year. Most of all, I've extremely grateful to all the people who made 2017 bearable. There were quite a few people who were around when I needed them and wanted them the most. There were a few complete strangers who ended up becoming an important part of my life. I grew closer to some and drifted apart from some. All in all, the year was what is what because of these people. 
A lot of people were instrumental in most of the happy moments that transpired this year. Think about it... our lives are what they are because of who's in it. Think about all the people in your life; the ones that make it better, the ones that make it easy. 

If anything at all, I want to be like the people who helped me this year. They helped me see, understand and find meaning when I was running around in circles with a blindfold. It was pertifying and there were moments when I was almost paralysed by fear and uncertainty that stalked me rather diligently. We've all felt this way at some point this year; but there was always someone to gently hold your hand, remove the blindfold and help you find your way again. I don't know if they'll be there in 2018, I don't know how many new faces will become familiar and probably important at some point... I don't know.

2018... bring it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment